Volodin Victor Mikhaylovich, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, dean of the faculty of economics and management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rozhkova Lilia Valeryevna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-departament economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Salnikova Olga Vladimirovna, Senior lecturer, sub-departament economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The modern system of international relations is significantly diverse; its subjects are states, international governmental and non-governmental or ganizations, regions of countries, non-state actors. The problem of region international relations research is relevant in modern conditions due to growing globalization and regionalization processes. Development of international relations in regions promotes homogenization of modern international space. The research objective consists in studying of international relation features in regions, complex analyzing of the poorly studied problem of Penza region’s external relations realization with Chinese provinces.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented through analyzing official documents, including the Federal Law of the Russian Federation from 01.04.1999 “On coordination of international and foreign economic relations of territorial subjects of the Russian Federation”, the Law of Penza region from 04.10.2006 “On implementation of international and foreign economic relations of Penza region” and also agreements on implementation of international and foreign economic relations concluded by the Government of Penza region with Chinese provinces. The statistical data on foreign trade between China and Penza region are important for the analysis. The methodology of research was based on the system approach; monographic, law, statistical methods.
Results. The article theoretically analyzes the concept “external relations of regions” and shows the main fields of Penza region’s cooperation with Chinese provinces. The experience of Penza region’s collaboration with China in various fields is analyzed on the basis of normative acts and statistical data.
Conclusions. In modern social and economic conditions it is necessary for Penza region to further develop the bilateral relations in the field of economic interaction with Chinese provinces for a long-term period.
international relations, collaboration, regions, regionalization, Russia, Penza region, China
1. Plotnikova O. V. Vlast' [The authority]. 2014, no. 12, pp. 65–69.
2. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2015, 20 July, no. 29 (part I), art. 4381.
3. Plotnikova O. V., Dubrovina O. Yu. Mezhdunarodnye svyazi regionov gosudarstv: teoriya i praktika [International relations of country’s regions: theory and practice]. Novosibirsk, 2013, 272 p.
4. Polyakova M. I. Srednerusskiy vestnik obshchestvennykh nauk [Middle Russia bulletin of social sciences]. 2008, no. 2, pp. 111–117.
5. Kuz'min D. S. Vlast' [The authority]. 2004, no. 12, pp. 37–44.
6. Vardomskiy L. Analiticheskie zapiski [Analytical notes]. Available at: http://analytic smz.ru/?p=706
7. Pasport Penzenskoy oblasti [Passport of Penza region]. Available at: http:// pnzreg. ru/ eco nom ic/ext ernal_link s/Pasport_ Penzenskoy_oblasti
8. Penzenskie gubernskie vedomosti [Penza provincial news]. 2015, 22 October, no. 63.
9. Itogi vneshney torgovli Penzenskoy oblasti za yanvar'-sentyabr' 2015 goda. 04.04.2016 [Foreign trade results of Penza region in January–September 2015]. Available at: http:// www.rusexporter.ru/research/region/detail/4144/
10. Vneshnetorgovyy oborot Penzenskoy oblasti s Kitaem za 6 let uvelichilsya vtroe. 17.06.2015 [Foreign trade turnover of Penza region with China has tripled over 6 years]. Available at: http://r45.ved.gov.ru/events/20144.html
11. 25 penzenskikh predpriyatiy podderzhivayut torgovo-ekonomicheskie otnosheniya s KNR [25 Penza’s companies maintain trade relations with China]. Available at: http://penza-press.ru/lenta-novostei/2014/11/13/113000-1
12. Ofitsial'nyy portal Pravitel'stva Penzenskoy oblasti. 25.02.2016 [The official portal of the Government of Penza region]. Available at: http://pnzreg.ru/news/2016/02/25/ 17472057
13. Ofitsial'nyy sayt Ministerstva ekonomiki Penzenskoy oblasti. 19.07.2016 [The official website of the Ministry of Economy of Penza region]. Available at: http://econom. pnzreg.ru/news/2016/07/19/11495556
14. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian Newspaper]. 2016, 20 July. Available at: https:// rg.ru/2016/07/20/reg-pfo/kitajskie-investory-vlozhatsia-v-apk-penzenskoj-oblasti.html
15. Kitayskie investory vlozhat v Penzenskuyu oblast' 10 mlrd rubley [Chinese investors to put 10 billion of rubles into Penza region]. Available at: http://www.agroinvestor.ru/ regions/news/24837-kitayskie-investory-vlozhat-v-penzenskuyu-oblast/